The Ultimate Guide to Yellow Tea!
Okay, you’ve heard about black tea, green tea and even white tea, but yellow tea? Really? Here’s your quick guide to understanding this rather fresh variety of tea in detail. Read on…
What is Yellow Tea?
Just like other teas, yellow tea too, is crafted from Camellia sinensis which is a shrub used to produce tea. The only difference is that the tea leaves, unlike in the case of other teas, is first slow roasted to give it that distinct golden-yellow hue. Thanks to this roasting, the tea, when brewed, has an earthy, buttery taste, which can make for a nice change if you’re a little tired of your cup of green tea everyday.
Health Benefits of Yellow Tea
Just like green tea, yellow tea too, packs in a ton of health benefits associated with its consumption.
- It gives the body a powerful dose of antioxidants, which help fight free radicals and protect the body against various forms of cancer.
- Regular consumption has also been found to help prevent coronary heart disease and atherosclerosis.
- Yellow tea has also demonstrated the ability to lower the levels of bad cholesterol in the body, thereby promoting heart health.
- The polyphenols prevent in this and all other forms of tea can also help kill existing cancerous cells and stop its progression.
- This tea has also demonstrated specific effectiveness in tackling different forms of cancer like breast cancer, bladder cancer, colorectal cancer, lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, stomach cancer, prostate cancer and even esophageal cancer.
- Its consumption has also been associated with a reduced risk of bowel and digestive conditions including serious ones like Crohn’s disease, inflammatory bowel disease and ulcerative colitis.
- Yellow tea has also been helpful in keeping blood glucose levels in control, thereby helping diabetic patients.
- Individuals who consume more of this tea have been found to have a significantly reduced risk of developing disorders of the liver.
- In addition, its consumption has also been found to boost metabolism and help speed up fat burning, thereby boost weight loss.