What is Red Light Therapy? Time to Find Out!
Light therapy is one of the underrated therapy options out there, and has been proved to be extremely effective in dealing with several health conditions in a natural, effective way. But what is red light therapy all about and how does it help? Time to find out.
Benefits of Red Light Therapy
Red light therapy is a part of light therapy, and has been in use since several years in the haircare and skincare area apart from its other medical applications. Some of the best benefits of red light therapy are listed below.
- Safe for all skin types when used as an anti-ageing treatment option.
- 100% drug and chemical free, non invasive approach.
- Improves skin tone and overall skin health.
- Speeds up healing of damaged tissue, particularly when it comes to skin conditions like rosacea, acne etc.
- Repairs sun damage.
- Boosts collagen production which reduces fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of ageing.
- Prevents hair loss and stimulates growth of new hair.
- Speeds up healing of wounds.
- Tackles inflammation and pain, and restores motion to any hurt areas of the body.
How it Works
Red light therapy works on a simple principle- visible red light penetrates the skin and once it is absorbed, the light energy gets converted to cellular energy, which then sets off a chain of reactions which provides benefits to the body.
The metabolic events that get triggered due to the exposure to red light work in the following ways.
- Reduction in inflammation in the body.
- Improvement in phagocytosis (a process that helps clean up the cells by killing phagocytes).
- Stimulation of tissue granulation.
- Release of raw cellular energy.
- Improved lymph system activity.
- A boost in circulation and formation of new capillaries.
- Improvement in the production of collagen.