28 Jul Turmeric for Acne-Does it Really Work?
3 Quick Steps to Use Turmeric for Acne
Acne is one of the most common problems among everyone, especially teenagers. But more often than not, people tend to incline towards using chemical-laden products instead of the natural ones out there that are just as effective, cost way less and actually provide other benefits to the body as well. One such example of this is turmeric. Don’t believe us? Check out how you can make use of turmeric for acne!
The Benefits of Turmeric
First off, it’s important to know that reduced acne isn’t the only benefit of using turmeric. It has a host of other benefits as well, some of which are:
- It is antibacterial and antifungal in nature
- It has antioxidant properties that help in removing free radicals and also preventing their occurrence in the future.
- It’s anti-inflammatory property reduces swelling and pain.
- It’s appetizing and digestive properties makes it an excellent ingredient to be used in a food made for the purpose of detoxification.
Ways to Use Turmeric For Acne
There is more than just one way of using turmeric to treat acne, and we’ll be covering some of the popular (and effective) ones:
[clickToTweet tweet=”Wow! Turmeric can actually #heal #acne in more ways than one! #acnehealing ” quote=”Wow! Turmeric can actually #heal #acne in more ways than one! #acnehealing via @beautyJonline”]
- Turmeric and water: The easiest and simplest forms of getting rid of acne would be to mix water and turmeric in the ratio that the resultant mixture takes the form of a paste. Apply this paste on the acne and wait for an hour. Rinse afterwards.
- Turmeric and Lemon Juice: A teaspoon of both lemon juice and turmeric should be enough to form a paste when you mix the two. Apply this paste on the acne for 20 minutes and rinse afterwards. Repeat this daily for full effect.
- Turmeric and Milk: Due to milk’s slightly different density compared to water and lemon juice, you’ll need to mix the two in the ratio of 1:2. Depending on your skin, you may or may not need to apply oil moisturizer on the area after you’ve applied the paste and washed it off.
Do you have any better uses or suggestions of using turmeric for treating acne? Let us know in the comments below!