02 Sep Olive Oil for Constipation: 10+ Benefits & Ways to Use It!
Quick & Effective Ways to Use Olive Oil for Constipation
From yogurt to psyllium husk, you’ll find tons of advice online when it comes to natural remedies for constipation, but do they all really work? Here’s to understanding how using olive oil for constipation is a great idea, and how you could do it! Read on!
Benefits of Using Olive Oil for Constipation
Olive oil is one of the best heart healthy oils out there- no doubt, but its benefits for the digestive system are severely underrated. Here’s to uncovering some of the best benefits of using olive oil for constipation.
- This oil has a texture and consistency that makes it an excellent lubricant for the digestive system, which helps make the passage of food and stools easier.
- It is also a rich source of many important vitamins and minerals including vitamin E, K, iron, omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids and more!
- One of the best reasons why using olive oil for constipation in adults in particular is a good idea, is because it also helps strengthen the internal linings of the digestive tract particularly the colon, which tends to get worn down due to unhealthy food consumption, digestion problems etc.
- The oil also helps boost the functioning of the gallbladder, which plays a key role in boosting digestive health by stimulating the release of bile.
- Olive oil also makes the passage of stool a lot easier by softening the stools and also stimulating muscle contractions.
- Best of all, it is completely healthy and natural, which means you can also use olive for constipation in babies and kids without the risk of any side effects whatsoever.
Putting it to Use
Not sure how to use olive oil for constipation? Follow these quick and easy steps to do it right!
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to your morning coffee or orange juice. Now that may sound really really yucky, but trust us, it isn’t! Starting your day with this drink will keep your digestive system throughout the day.
- Adding a teaspoon of olive oil to a cup of yogurt, and having it as an accompaniment for your meals is one of the best ways to tackle constipation naturally.
- Having a small bowl of pineapple slices with a little olive oil drizzle and a sprinkle of salt and pepper on it can work wonders.
- Still not sure about actually drinking olive oil for constipation? You can also have a teaspoon of olive oil directly in the morning along with a little squeeze of lemon juice to make it more palatable.
- Drizzle olive oil over your salads and stir fries- try combining it with raw veggies for a kickass duo of fiber and lubrication.
- The combination of lemon juice and olive oil for constipation can also be put to use in the form of a simple drink- warm water+lemon juice+olive oil- the perfect way to start your morning on a healthy note!