Uncovering How to Use Lavender Oil for Skin
When it comes to essential oils, lavender oil has been known for many good reasons- especially its effectiveness in calming down frazzled nerves and its anti-anxiety action. But using lavender oil for skin really a good idea? Time to find out!
- Lavender oil has powerful antibacterial action, which helps target the bacteria that cause acne, and when applied topically in combination with a carrier oil, can act as one of the best essential oils for acne.
- It also has anti-inflammatory action, which can help reduce inflammation and aggravation of acne affected skin.
- This oil has also been found to be effective in tackling itching, redness and many other symptoms associated with eczema.
- Daily exposure to environmental pollutants can take a toll on your skin’s health. Lavender oil can come in and help, and attack the pollutants and toxins thanks to its natural antioxidant action.
- Healing bruises and scars using essential oils can be tricky, but lavender oil turns out to be soothing and gentle enough to be used on them too!
- Topical application of lavender essential oil on bruises and cuts can also work out to be a natural pain relieving trick!
- Troubled by insect bite irritation? Dab a little lavender oil to the area for instant relief from the itchiness and swelling.
- Just like other essential oils, this one helps boost circulation and make an excellent natural toner as well!
- When applied onto the skin in its diluted form, lavender essential oil can boost cell renewal and improve overall skin health.
- One of the best ways to use lavender oil for skin is to have a small bottle filled up with a carrier oil like castor oil or coconut oil, and add a few drops of lavender essential oil to it and use it for any of these skin conditions or ailments.