19 Mar Lakme Invisible Finish Foundation Review
Foundation plays probably the most vital role when it comes to makeup- from hiding scars and blemishes to giving your skin an even toned appearance- the foundation does it all!
Hunting for a good foundation that suits your skin type (and color) perfectly can be quite a task, and with tons of options available, choosing the right foundation can be overwhelming. Lakme is a well known brand when it comes to makeup and beauty products, and Lakme’s Invisible Finish Foundation has been in stores since quite some time now. So is it really worth a buy? Keep reading to find out.
About the Lakme Invisible Finish Foundation
It is a water-based foundation with SPF 8 for sun protection. This foundation spreads evenly all over the skin and perfectly covers any unevenness, dryness and patchiness. On the downside, the shade of this foundation suits Indian skin tones, and does not work well with fair skinned people.
Around 180 INR
The texture of this liquid foundation is almost a creamy, semi-fluid that tends to stick to the skin instead of dripping down. This allows it to be rubbed quite effectively into the skin to give the perfect natural tone for your skin. Due to its light breezy texture, it blends naturally according to the skin without giving it an over the edge effect. All in all, the foundation is perfect for everyday use.
This foundation comes in a translucent glass jar, with a purple lid. Shade number is mentioned on the bottom of the bottle. A spatula is attached inside the lid.
It is easily available at general cosmetic stores, at stores, and online.
Directions for Use
The foundation is very easy to blend it with fingertips or a makeup sponge or even a brush- simply apply a few dots on different areas of the face, and then blend it well.
Shade 1: For Fair Indian Complexion
Shade 2: For Fair to medium Complexion
Shade 4: For Medium Complexion
Shade 5: For Deep Complexion.
Pros of Lakme Invisible Finish Foundation
- It provides you the medium coverage for marks on your face.
- It spreads easily on the face and does not streak.
- It has a light, pleasant fragrance, which stays all day long.
- It is waterproof. It doesn’t fade, even if you sweat.
- The packaging is friendly. So, you can carry while traveling.
- Contains SPF
- Made for Indian skin tones
Cons of Lakme Invisible Finish Foundation
- The shade for dusky skin is not that great. It leaves behind a whitish cast on the face.
- Does nothing to control oil around the T-zone. Need to apply powder frequently.
- Glass bottle which is not travel-friendly
- Too runny consistency
- Inappropriate lid causes mess on the bottle.
Did you try using the Lakme Invisible Finish Foundation yourself? What were your experiences? Let us know in the comments box below.