20 Aug How to Use Baking Soda for Underarm Whitening: 10+ Tips
Quick Tips to Use Baking Soda for Underarm Whitening
When it comes to skincare, baking soda is probably the most versatile product ever- you can use it to calm down inflammation due to acne outbreaks, as a natural exfoliating agent and more! Here’s a quick guide to help you use baking soda for underarm whitening in the right way! Read on…
Why Baking Soda
You may be wondering- why use baking soda to whiten underarms? Well it turns out, this kitchen ingredient works in 2 ways to help lighten the underarm area. First, it acts as a natural exfoliating agent which gently scrubs away the layer of dead skin cells on the surface, revealing brighter skin underneath it. Secondly, it also boosts blood circulation to the underarm area, giving it more oxygen, which helps the skin there look lighter.
Quick Tips to Do it Right!
The success of using baking soda for underarm whitening lies in the technique- make sure you do it the right way, and you’re pretty much sorted. Here are some quick tips to help you out!
- Create a simple mixture of baking soda and water and use it as a scrub for your underarm area at least thrice a week.
- If you need some extra powerful skin lightening action, add in a few drops of lemon juice.
- The skin of the underarm area is really sensitive, and some extra nourishment can always help. Occasionally, add a dollop of yogurt to your baking soda mixture for a double action of moisturization and exfoliation.
- Does your skin tend to get aggravated easily? Adding in a little aloe vera gel can help soothe and calm down the irritated skin.
- Avoid scrubbing the area too hard, especially if you have dry skin.
- Use slow, circular motions to massage the mixture around the underarm area, before washing it off.
- Regularly using this natural exfoliant doesn’t just help lighten the skin, but also improves its texture and gives it that soft, smooth feel.
- Using this mixture often can also help control perspiration and body odor naturally.