Discovering How to Use Baking Soda for Hair
It’s surprising how something that’s so readily available, inexpensive and is actually a kitchen staple can turn out to be so effective when it comes to dealing with skin conditions, hair problems and even common health complaints– but that’s just exactly what baking soda does. If you’re not sure how (and why) to use baking soda for hair, here’s making things easy for you!
Benefits of Baking Soda for Hair
Baking soda helps boost hair in not just one but many ways.
- When applied onto the scalp, it can help tackle dandruff naturally by gently exfoliating the layer of dead skin cells on the surface, and also by balancing the pH of the scalp, preventing flakiness.
- Smelly and greasy hair can be an embarrasing problem to deal with, and exposure to environmental pollutants only worsen it. Baking soda can work as an excellent dry shampoo, and can neutralize hair odor, reduce oiliness and stickiness of hair and strengthen it against environmental pollutants.
- It has also been found that baking soda could help boost hair growth, particularly for individuals who have been affected by hair loss due to scalp infections.
- When used regularly, it can also help tackle frizz and make hair much more manageable and easy to deal with.
Tips & Tricks to Use it
Using baking soda for hair is easy. Follow these quick tips to do it right!
- Create a simple mixture of baking soda and water and apply it directly onto the scalp and let it stay for atleast 10 minutes as a pre-bath hair treatment.
- Need some extra nourishment? Add your favorite hair oil- think coconut oil, avocado oil with a drop or two of antibacterial essential oils like tea tree oil.
- If you’re suffering from some kind of scalp infection and irritation, applying a mixture of baking soda and aloe vera gel could help cool the area and reduce inflammation and redness.
- A weekly routine of using a baking soda hair mask can turn out to be the perfect deep cleansing therapy for your scalp- perfect if you tend to spend a lot of time outdoors.