Hair loss can be difficult to deal with- not only is it extremely embarrassing, but it also largely impacts your self esteem. This is probably why you’ll find supermarket shelves loaded with different hairfall and hair loss remedies, all of which claim to work and help improve your hair growth.
While hair loss may occur due to several possible reasons, and it usually needs a very targeted approach to completely eradicate the problem, implementing natural and home remedies can be extremely beneficial due to several reasons.
Aloe vera gel, which is known to be an excellent home remedy for acne and many other skin problems, can also turn out to be amazingly effective for hair problems as well, particularly hairfall.
Keep reading to learn more about how to use aloe vera gel for hair loss.
How Does Aloe Vera Gel for Hair Loss Work?
Aloe vera gel possesses several medicinal properties that make it an effective remedy for hairfall and hair loss.
- It naturally moisturizes and nourishes the skin of the scalp, thereby preventing dryness and therefore breakage of hair.
- It controls the production of sebum in the scalp, which in turn, prevents the scalp from getting too oily which contributes to bacterial and fungal growth.
- Aloe vera gel, when applied directly, helps balance the pH of the scalp.
- When applied onto the hair, it lends the hair a natural shine, protects it from the external environment by creating a barrier, and also keeps the hair moisturized and nourished.
- For scalp already affected by infections, aloe vera gel works wonders, and reduces itching and inflammation. Its natural antibacterial action reduces the growth of bacteria that cause scalp infections.
- Aloe vera also possesses antifungal action, which prevents and treats fungal infections of the scalp.
- Regular application of aloe vera gel on the scalp can also control dandruff production.
All in all, aloe vera gel (in its pure and natural form), can act as the ultimate all-in-one solution for a good majority of your hair problems, particularly hairfall.
Tips to Use Aloe Vera Gel for Hair Loss
Aloe vera gel is extremely versatile and easy to use. Here are a few tips and tricks to put it to use in your everyday haircare routine for a nourished and healthy scalp and thick, shiny hair.
Leave-In Aloe Conditioner
Aloe vera gel works as an excellent leave-in conditioner. It is non-greasy and non-oily, and lends your hair that glossy shine without you feeling all gross.
Basic Aloe Conditioner
You can also apply aloe vera gel to your hair in place of your conditioner- it works even better than most conditioners without any hair damage whatsoever.
Aloe Styling Gel
Ditch those expensive hair serums that you use to style your hair- repeated use of these serums can damage hair and render them dry and lifeless. Instead, using aloe vera with a few drops of your favorite fragrant essential oil can not just nourish and moisturizer your hair, but also double up as an inexpensive styling gel!
Overnight Aloe Treatment
Applying plain aloe vera gel, or mixing it with some rosewater and applying it to the scalp and the entire hair length, and letting it stay overnight is an excellent natural hair treatment. It actually works as a natural hair conditioner and doesn’t even damage the hair unlike other hair care products.
Aloe Anti-Dandruff Serum
The combination of aloe vera gel and tea tree oil works best when it comes to reducing dandruff and keeping the scalp free from any form of infections. Create a mixture of these two and apply it to the scalp and the roots of the hair at least an hour before rinsing.