20 Aug How to Stop Snoring Immediately: 7+ Effective Tips
How to Stop Snoring Immediately and Effectively
Snoring is one of the underrated sleep disorders prevalent today- and while it may not be as concerning as sleep apnea and insomnia, it can definitely cause disturbances for both- the sufferer and those around them. If you’re not sure how to stop snoring immediately, we’ve got you some amazingly effective tips to get started with.
- Dry air is one of the major contributors to snoring problems, so if you sleep in a room with dry air, using a humidifier may help.
- Losing weight is one of the best ways to tackle snoring if you’re obese or overweight. Its easier said than done, but yes, its like your one stop solution to all your health problems.
- Raising the head of your bed is another effective trick- it basically keeps your tongue from getting back while you sleep, and prevents snoring. Raising your bed up around 4 inches may help open up the airways and allow you to breathe properly while you sleep.
- If raising the bed up isn’t possible for you, using extra pillows can help. Choose a good quality memory foam pillow to get some extra support and deal with snoring better.
- If you’ve got an air filter, make sure you change it on a regular basis. If you don’t have one, make sure you spend some time every month in house cleaning to keep away allergens that could irritate the airway lining and cause snoring.
- Sleeping on your side is also a super effective way if you’re not sure how to stop snoring immediately. It basically prevents your tongue from getting back and interrupting the airways.
- Using certain essential oils like peppermint oil or eucalyptus oil can also help. These oils tend to relax the internal linings of the airways, and clean your sinuses while you sleep, preventing snoring.
- Practise pranayama and other meditation practices. They have been known to help curb almost all kinds of sleep disorders including snoring.
- Practice tongue and throat exercises on a daily basis. Exercising helps provide the muscles elasticity, and keeps the tongue from going back while you sleep, thereby preventing snoring.
Need help choosing a good humidifier or a memory foam pillow? Check out our top picks here!