Not Sure How to Make Matcha Green Tea? Read On!
Though there’s absolutely no doubt that green tea is one of the healthiest drinks that one can consume, there are certain varieties of green tea available, one being better than the other. One such variety is the matcha green tea, which is native to Japan.
With that in mind, let’s find out how to make matcha green tea. But before that, it’s important to take a look at the benefits that matcha green tea offers in order to be sure about it’s health benefits before you actually decide to buy it in the first place!
Health Benefits of Matcha Green Tea
- Alleviates Mood: Matcha green tea boasts an amino acid known as L-theanine, which is popular for relaxing the mind, making it effective for people suffering from anxiety and depression.
- Detox Properties: Matcha green tea detox is an effective way to purge your body of toxins and make your body feel different and healthier again. You could accompany it with apples in your detox diet for better results.
- Rich Taste: Though it’s taste may or may not be good for you, people who prefer a rich taste in a beverage followed by a lingering sweetness will appreciate the unique experience that having a cup of matcha green tea provides.
- Weight Loss: People wanting to lose weight and have a flat tummy will benefit a lot from matcha green tea, since it contains fiber that increases the satiation, and a boosted metabolism that makes your weight loss exercises more effective.
How to Make Green Matcha Tea
While it’s difficult to find organic matcha green tea powder, using some of the commercially packaged one will work fine as well.
- Using a small sifter, add 1-2 tablespoons of matcha powder in a cup or a bowl.
- Add around 60 ml hot water in the bowl. It’s even better if the water is applied straightaway after boiling.
- Whisk rigorously until you get a frothy texture in the tea.
- Enjoy your freshly prepared green matcha tea.
So, did you like our simple guide on how to make matcha green tea? Have any doubts or something to add to the benefits? Let us know in the comments down below!