30 Aug How to Get More Deep Sleep: 12+ Effective Strategies
How to Get More Deep Sleep at Night in Simple Steps
A long day at work can leave you tired and extremely stressed, and all you would want to do is get into bed and doze off. With insomnia getting more common thanks to our exposure to blue light (think cellphones and electronic devices), it can be hard to get a good night’s rest. Not sure how to get more deep sleep at night? We’re here to help with over 12 actionable strategies.
- Turn it off- trust us on this one! No matter how tempting it is, make it a point to switch off and cut yourself from any kind of exposure to blue light (TV, cellphones) atleast an hour before bedtime.
- Get some soothing, relaxing music on in your bedroom 15 mins prior to getting into bed, while you’re changing into your PJs and getting ready for bed.
- Having a nice, warm bath with a few drops of lavender essential oil is another great trick if you’re not sure how to get more deep sleep cycles.
- Have fresh sheets and pillow covers on- create a blissful environment for yourself. Bonus points if you rub a few drops of lavender essential oil on ‘em.
- Pick a good pillow- memory foam pillows have become really popular recently, and are just what you need if you have trouble getting in a comfortable position while sleeping.
- Stick to a regular bedtime routine- studies say that if you continue with an activity for 21 days in a row, it becomes a habit. Set an alarm and make sure you’re in bed everyday at the same time.
- If bright lights tend to distract you, dim the lights in your room atleast an hour before your actual bedtime.
- Make sure the temperature in your room is well suited as per your preferences. Ideally, 60-67 degrees is the perfect temperature for your room.
- Get yourself tired 2 hours before bedtime- exercise, clean your room, whip up a DIY recipe whatever, the idea is to feel a little tired before bedtime, so that you don’t have trouble falling asleep at all.
- In the last hour before bedtime, engage in a calming activity such as some light happy reading.
- Avoid smoking and drinking, especially in the second half of your day- alcohol and nicotine both tend to disrupt the sleep wake cycle of your body, making it harder for you to fall asleep faster.
- Get some magnesium- while popping a pill is not a solution for everything, it can be a huge help when other things just don’t seem to work for you. Magnesium supplements help your brain get in a calm and relaxed state- perfect for a good night’s sleep.
[clickToTweet tweet=”From magnesium supplements to #memoryfoam pillows- here’s how to get a good night’s sleep!” quote=”From magnesium supplements to #memoryfoam pillows- here’s how to get a good night’s sleep! via @BeautyJOnline”]
If you’re not sure how to get more deep sleep at night, implementing any of these tricks should help you! Let us know which ones worked best for you in the comments box below!