12 Dec How Flax Seed Benefits Weight Loss
Discover How Flax Seed Benefits Weight Loss
When it comes to weight loss, probably the only right approach is to add more of healthy and metabolism boosting foods to your diet while following a regular exercise routine and a healthy lifestyle in general. And among the healthiest foods out there come flax seeds. Not sure how flax seed benefits weight loss? Keep reading to know more.
Health Benefits of Flax Seed
Flax seeds are packed with amazing health benefits- adding a bit more of them to your diet can work wonders in not just boosting metabolism but for several other reasons.
- Flax seeds make for an excellent source of omega 3 fatty acids- which are the healthy fats needed by the body for better heart and brain health.
- They are also an amazing source of fiber- the intake of which keeps the digestive system healthy.
- Flax seed oil gently coats the internal lining of the stomach and digestive system and creates a sort of protective layer over it. Infact, it is one of the healthiest oils out there and is perfect for individuals with a sensitive digestive system.
- They pack in a powerful dose of important minerals and nutrients including B vitamins, potassium, magnesium, zinc and even EPA and DHA.
- Adding more of flax seeds to your diet can do everything from boosting immunity and supporting joint and bone health to enhancing cardiovascular health and skin health.
Flax Seeds & Weight Loss
There are several reasons why flax seed benefits weight loss. According to the American Dietetic Association, “High-fiber diets provide bulk, are more satiating, and have been linked to lower body weights.”The fiber content of flax seed is also what seems to play a major role in boosting weight loss. This is because fiber tends to make you feel ‘full’ and less likely to indulge in snacking and binge eating.
In addition, the fiber also tends to add bulk to the stools and stimulates healthy bowel movement, which is again, a big plus- this means better detoxification of the body and improved digestive health and metabolism.
All in all, flax seeds make for an excellent food to add to your diet if you’re getting started with a healthy eating routine. They’re pretty versatile and have a distinct nutty flavor that works well with salads and breakfast oat bowls and smoothies.