Do Goji Berries Benefits Weight Loss
Also known as wolfberries, goji berries are one of the most underrated healthy foods out there. They’re nothing short of superfoods, and their consumption has been linked to better immunity and improved overall health. But how do goji berries benefits weight loss? Time to find out!
Goji Berries for Weight Loss- How it Works
Goji berries turn out to be an extraordinarily rich source of antioxidants, which makes them an absolute diet essential. In addition, they’re super low in calories, and are sweet to taste- a perfect dessert or a healthy snack for those who have a sweet tooth, but are looking to keep their weight in check.
What’s more, they also pack in a good dose of essential vitamins and minerals that strengthen immunity and promote overall health.
When it comes to weight loss in particular, here’s how goji berries usually help.
- They have a low glycemic index, which is why, their consumption can help you satisfy your hunger much more quickly than other foods can. Low glycemic index foods are also a good way to tackle food cravings that tempt you to indulge and wreck your weight loss efforts.
- 21% of goji berries are fiber- which is another excellent appetite suppressant and weight management essential. Foods rich in fiber can help you feel full for a longer time, and therefore less likely to overeat. What’s more, fiber rich foods are best for the digestive system, and can help tackle issues like indigestion and constipation.
- Goji berries contain chromium, which is also efficient at tackling food cravings, and helps suppress appetite to a good extent. It has also been associated with controlling blood sugar levels better, which in turn, helps maintain lean muscle mass, but at the same time, helps you shed off that extra fat.
- These berries are also excellent metabolism boosters- another reason why it benefits weight loss so effectively.
- Another reason why goji berries benefits weight loss is that the potassium and amino acid content of these berries help stimulate the production of growth hormones in the body, which helps the body burn food to produce energy and prevents storage of the excess calories in the form of fat.
- The thiamin content of these berries helps regulate the thyroid gland which in turn, stabilizes the production of the thyroid hormones, thereby cutting down the risk of weight gain associated with thyroid problems.
- One of the best ways in which goji berries benefits weight loss is that it helps reduce the levels of stress hormones in the body, which thereby reduces the risk of compulsive eating, keeping calorie intake in check and thereby reducing the risk of weight gain.
Tips & Tricks to Use Them Right!
The best way to have goji berries is to have them as is, but if you’re not a fruit person, here are a few tips and tricks to include them in your daily meals.
- Ditch the berries in your fruit yogurt with some fresh or dried goji berries for a change.
- Swap your daily cup of green tea for some goji berry tea.
- Sprinkle some dried goji berries over your bowl of breakfast cereal or your oatmeal for a healthy twist.
- Mix goji berries into your homemade trail mix or energy bars.
- Add them to your salads for a touch of freshness and sweetness.
- Baking a batch of cookies or cupcakes? Sneak in a handful of these for a healthy touch.
You can also get your hands on goji berry supplements to kick start your weight loss efforts. Choose from the list of the top rated goji berry supplements below.
All in all, goji berries benefits weight loss in more ways than one, and is definitely a must if you’re aiming to lose weight in a healthy way!