20 Aug Honey and Diabetes-The Ultimate Guide
Uncovering the Link Between Honey and Diabetes
Living with diabetes can be tough, especially if you’ve got a sweet tooth. Often, diabetics are suggested to opt for artificial sweeteners or stick to natural sweeteners to curb the cravings, and honey is one of the most popular ones among the list. But what’s actually the link between honey and diabetes? Time to find out!
Benefits of Honey for Diabetic Patients
It turns out, honey can be an excellent natural sweetener to cure diabetes naturally The benefits of honey are already well known, and now, a study has also confirmed that diabetic patients who include more of this superfood in their diet for just 8 weeks can observe positive changes their body weight and blood lipid levels.
In addition, honey has a low glycemic index, which means, it does not raise blood sugar levels as rapidly as other sweeteners. Also, it requires low levels of insulin to get metabolized, which makes it practically the perfect natural sweetener for diabetic patients.
Apart from these, there are several other benefits of honey which include-
- Acts as an excellent digestive stimulant.
- Packs in antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties- perfect for topical application for certain skin conditions.
- Boosts athletic performance.
- Tackles cough and throat irritation.
Tips & Tricks to Get More Honey
Adding more honey to your diet is super easy- just make sure you have your doctor’s okay before you go ahead with it! Here are some tips and tricks to help you satisfy those sweet cravings easily!
- Start your day with a glass of lemon water, sweetened with a bit of honey.
- Think of some quick and healthy snack recipes that include honey- roasted nuts coated with honey, homemade snack bars etc.
- Baked apples drizzled with a little honey and cinnamon powder can turn out to be a super delicious and healthy dessert option for diabetics.
- You can also whip up some good savory dishes using honey for a touch of sweetness.