21 Aug Health Benefits of Cucumber Juice: 10+ Benefits & Uses
Uncovering the Health Benefits of Cucumber Juice
Cucumbers are the best salad veggie, and a good choice for smoothies and other detox drinks as well. But what’s to be said about the health benefits of cucumber juice? Time to find out!
- Cucumbers are a rich natural source of 3 lignans which have been associated with a reduced risk of several forms of cancer.
- The juice of cucumber can work as a powerful detox drink too. This is because cucumbers are basically 95% water, and help hydrate the body and stimulate the removal of toxins.
- Cucumber juice is also a good natural source of B vitamins.
- Troubled by bad breath? Starting your day with a glass of cucumber juice can help! It’ll not just help improve health but also fight bacteria in the mouth that cause bad breath.
- Cucumber juice is the perfect drink for weight loss- it is high in water content and extremely low in calories, and starting your day with it can help you feel full while cutting down on your calorie intake effortlessly.
- The high water and fiber content of cucumber makes it one of the best foods for optimum digestive health, which is why, cucumber juice works equally well in this case. Infact, having a glass of cucumber juice is one of the best ways to tackle constipation naturally.
- Cucumber juice also gives the body a good dose of silicon, which turns out to be helpful in improving joint health and strengthening the tissues of the body. In addition, its alkaline nature fights arthritic pain by neutralizing and reducing the acid levels.
- Individuals affected by vitamin K deficiency can experience many benefits after taking cucumber juice. This juice gives you your daily requirement of vitamin K, which is known to play an essential role in blood clotting.
- Cucumber juice also strengthens the connective tissue and boosts immunity by proving to be a natural source of copper, which enhances the production of red blood cells in the body.
- Owing to the high sulfur content, cucumber juice, when applied directly to the scalp, could help boost hair growth as well.