Best Essential Oils for Sleep Apnea
From insomnia to snoring, the occurrence of sleep disorders is getting common, and sleep apnea is not just one more to list, but also a rather potentially dangerous sleep disorder that affects a good percentage of people today. While proper medical treatment is an absolute must, using essential oils to tackle this condition can help as well.
Keep reading to discover the best essential oils for sleep apnea.
Peppermint oil has a refreshing aroma packed with anti-inflammatory action which helps relieve irritation of the linings of the nasal passage and relieve sleep apnea and its associated symptoms naturally.
Marjoram Essential Oil
Marjoram is one of the best essential oils for sleep apnea, all thanks to its natural sedative properties. It has often been used to calm and relax the nerves and relieve many respiratory system complaints.
Lavender essential oil is well known for its ability to bring about relaxation and calm, but its benefits aren’t merely limited to that. When used right before bedtime, it can help ease disruptions caused by sleep apnea, and tackle snoring as well.
Just like peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil is packs in a powerful anti-inflammatory punch which helps clear up the mucus, leaving the airways clearer, which makes it easy for you to breathe.
Thyme Essential Oil
Thyme essential oil is best recommended as a natural remedy for individuals affected by sleep apnea and snoring in particular. This is because when applied topically, it has the ability to improve breathing and make it easier, thereby helping you get unhindered sleep.
Massaging just a few drops of geranium essential oil onto the chest and neck before retiring to bed can help reduce sleep disruptions.
Valerian oil has been in use since centuries to calm down frazzled nerves and promote better sleep, which makes it one of the best essential oils for sleep apnea. When used, it can help relax the mind and the body within minutes, and promote sound sleep.
You can also try using a combination of any of these essential oils and see which one works best for you, though a mixture of thyme and marjoram has been most commonly used in all snoring spray mixtures.
Quick Ways to Use Essential Oils for Sleep Apnea
Now that you know the best essential oils for sleep apnea, its time to know how to use them the right way! You can implement any of these simple techniques to use the essential oils and reap their benefits.
- Rub the undiluted essential oils onto your nightclothes or your bedsheets and pillow covers for a relaxed, uninterrupted night of sleep.
- If you have a habit of taking a bath right before bedtime, adding a few drops of any of these essential oils to the bath water can work wonders.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add a few drops of any of these essential oils to it, and inhale its vapors for near-instant relief.
- Some natural health enthusiasts also recommend rubbing the soles of the feet with the targeted essential oils for relief from the symptoms.
- Got a diffuser? You’re pretty much sorted then. Thinking of buying one? Check out our quick links below.