Your Quick Guide to Using Coconut Oil for Psoriasis
When it comes to self management of psoriasis, there are several remedies out there to choose from, which can turn out to be quite confusing. Thankfully, there’s coconut oil- one of the best remedies for all types of skin conditions, including psoriasis. Here’s a quick guide to using coconut oil for psoriasis and heal it naturally!
Benefits of Using Coconut Oil for Psoriasis
Coconut oil is nothing short of a superfood when it comes to dealing with skin condition. Apart from helping reduce psoriasis and its associated symptoms, it does a lot more.
- It helps strengthen the upper layer of the skin and makes it resistant to infection causing bacteria and viruses.
- It also functions as a natural sunscreen and helps protect the skin from the harmful radiations of sun.
- Coconut oil also possesses powerful anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce aggravation of psoriasis and acne affected skin.
- This oil also packs in antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties that fight most existing skin infections.
- It contains antioxidants that fight free radical damage to the skin, and also slows down ageing naturally.
- When applied topically, coconut oil can also help reduce the appearance of acne scars.
3 Ways to Use Coconut Oil for Psoriasis
If you’ve tried a lot of natural remedies for psoriasis and nothing really worked that well for you, coconut oil may be the answer. Here are 5 simple ways you can try using it.
- Apply virgin coconut oil directly to the affected area and leave it on overnight. Wash it in the morning and repeat this procedure for a week or until you see results.
- Heat coconut oil in a double boiler and allow it to cool down a little. Apply it to the area affected and then place a clean gauze over it and wrap it around. Try this pack for a week to see best results.
- Take a bath and while you’re still moist, dab a little coconut oil to the psoriasis affected area and spread it well. Re-apply after a few hours if needed.