Best Benefits of Using Coconut Oil for Dandruff
Coconut oil has been in use since ages for several skincare and haircare applications, and has recently gained a lot of importance thanks to the revival of oil pulling as well. But how exactly can you use coconut oil for dandruff? Time to find out.
- One of the best ways to put coconut oil to use is to use it for a weekly hot oil massage session- one of the perfect ways to tackle hair damage, nourish dry hair and also improve scalp health, thereby tackling dandruff naturally.
- Another nifty little trick to use coconut oil is to have it on as an overnight hair mask. Warm up a little coconut oil, massage it onto your scalp and hair length, and wrap your hair up in a towel or an old t-shirt and let it stay on overnight for an intense moisturizing session.
- A mixture of coconut oil and lemon juice, when applied directly to the scalp can be an excellent dandruff cure. It helps fight flakiness and dryness of the skin of the scalp and prevents its shedding.
- When mixed with crushed fenugreek seeds and applied to the hair, it can act as a powerful anti-fungal remedy, helping cure dandruff if it is due to any fungal infection of the scalp.
- Another effective way to use coconut oil for dandruff is to mix it with a little rosemary oil and apply it to the scalp once in a while. This combo stimulates healing of the scalp and prevents scalp acne and dandruff.
- Mixing a few drops of coconut oil and tea tree oil with your shampoo can also do the trick, especially if you have dry hair. The oils will nourish and condition your hair and scalp while the shampoo does its job of cleaning.
- Need some sun protection for your hair? Create a simple mix of a little coconut oil in water, shake it well and use it as a hairspray!
- Mixing coconut oil with tea tree oil and rosemary oil and using it as a conditioning treatment is also a great natural way to tackle dandruff and almost all other scalp condition.