Uncovering the Health Benefits of White Tea
From being an excellent weight loss drink to being regarded as a superfood- green tea has come a long way, but not many people know of its sibling- white tea, and how effective it really is. Here’s uncovering the best health benefits of white tea, and how you can get more of it in your day.
- White tea is a powerful source of antioxidants, which makes it one of the best anti-carcinogenic agents, even more powerful than green tea. Infact, studies have explained the efficacy of this tea in targeting colon cancer cells, and found that the polyphenols present in this tea could also help prevent cancer.
- White tea is also the richest source of catechins among all teas, which makes it the most powerful tea that reduces blood cholesterol levels, repairs vein tissue, reduces blood pressure levels and also enhances overall cardiovascular health.
- Some studies have also revealed that animals who were given white tea regularly were much more resistant to infectious bacteria such as salmonella and streptococcus thanks to its immune boosting function.
- Individuals who consume more of white tea have also been found to have a better bone mineral density than their counterparts, making it the perfect drink for individuals affected by osteoporosis.
- One of the best health benefits of white tea is that it packs in a good dose of fluoride, which keeps the teeth and gums healthy.
- White tea has also been found to effective reverse the effects of unprotected sun exposure on the skin, a poor diet on health, and stress on physical health.
- Regular consumption of white tea can also be helpful for patients with hypertension. This is because this tea tends to thin blood and improve artery function, thereby controlling blood pressure levels.
- While there is no study done yet to back up this fact, it has been found that the drinkers of white tea have better energy levels throughout the day, and experience less stress and anxiety too.