10+ Tips & Tricks to Use Baking Soda for Acne
Troubled by acne? Heard a lot about using baking soda to deal with it, but not so sure about it all? Here’s your quick guide to actually using baking soda for acne, and how it could actually be a great home remedy!
Benefits of Using Baking Soda for Acne
Using a simple mixture of baking soda and water, and applying it to the acne affected skin can turn out to be an excellent way to deal with it. There are several benefits of using baking soda for acne, and we’ve listed a few here.
- Baking soda has natural exfoliating properties, which helps remove the layer of dead skin cells from the surface, gets rid of the dirt and grime, and basically deep cleans the skin.
- It also helps open up pores and and removes all the excess oil accumulated in there, which can give rise to breakouts.
- When applied topically, it can also help reduce inflammation and redness, and basically reduce the appearance of acne.
- Using baking soda for acne twice or thrice a week can also help reduce the appearance of acne scars.
Tips & Tricks to Use It
Convinced you enough to give it a try? Here are some quick and simple ways to put it to use now!
- Make a simple mixture of baking soda and water, and apply it to the acne affected region. Let it stay for 10 minutes before rinsing it off.
- You can also add a bit of lemon juice in the mixture if you’re looking to lighten your acne scars.
- Got excessively oily skin? You can add a little aloe vera gel to the mixture and use this is a face mask!
- Troubled by dry skin? Mix in a little castor oil for some extra nourishment.
Follow this up with a quick wash of apple cider vinegar for best results!