25 Feb 7 Benefits of Coconut Oil for Skin
Do you know that coconut oil is not only essential for hair but it is also good for skin and skin care? It acts as massage oil and also as a smoothener on skin. It is used in many beauty products, foods and medicine because of its high saturated fats content.
Using coconut oil for skin is an excellent natural way to keep your skin looking soft, smooth, healthy and radiant. This natural oil without any chemicals or additives can protect the skin from various skin related issues.
In ancient times coconut oil was used on dry and dead skin, and cracked lips to prevent cracking and tearing of skin. Coconut oil is packed with vitamin E, proteins, capric, caprilic and lauric acids, which is good for skin nourishing and dehydrating. It protects the skin from microbial infections that can enter the body through pores.
The skin is our largest organ which relies on pores, sweat and oil glands to stay hydrated, cool and clean. Coconut oil is actually an all in one natural solution for all skin problems. It soothes bug-bites, speeds healing, helps with rashes, gets rid of flaking skin, softens and shrinks wrinkle, protects against sun damage, acts as an anti-oxidant to prevent aging of skin, and much more. It can also be used to remove makeup from skin.
The Benefits of Coconut Oil for Skin
- Coconut oil has vitamin E which helps repair the skin, keeping it soft smooth and healthy. It has good anti-oxidant properties that enhance skin nourishment.
- Coconut oil is rich in proteins that keep skin healthy and rejuvenated, both internally and externally. Proteins in coconut oil repairs tissues and damaged cells.
- Coconut oil is good for hardened and cracked feet. Coconut oil, when used on cracked and hardened feet will leave the feet softer within days.
- Coconut oil also works wonders for the eyelid and under eye, it helps moisturize the sensitive skin under the eye improving dark circles and keeping wrinkles and fine lines away.
- Traditionally coconut oil for skin has been famous for its anti-aging properties. Coconut oil is a best skin softener; it penetrates deep into the skin to keep wrinkle away.
- Coconut oil, when applied on lips helps prevent those embarrassing cracks that can be a source of worry and discomfort.
- It is good for natural skin disorders such as acne, psoriasis, and eczema. It not only treats the infection by battling the microbial bodies but also heals the damaged cells and visible marks on the skin.
This transparent oil works wonder’s on skin, from head to toe. Coconut oil for skin naturally clears away dirt, grime, and dead cells from the skin leaving it looking softer smoother and younger. However, it is not necessary to reapply coconut oil as often as other natural skin care oils. You only need a small amount to create a protective shield on the skin that will last long.