20 Apr 5 Ways (and Reasons) to Use Grapeseed Oil for Acne
Essential oils have gained a lot of popularity in the recent years, and more and more people are turning to use them to deal with many health disorders, even serious ones such as high blood pressure and depression.
Grapeseed oil is one of the best essential oils, particularly when it comes to skin health. Let’s take a closer look at why grapeseed oil could be your best natural acne treatment.
How Effective is Grapeseed Oil for Acne?
Grapeseed oil has been in use since thousands of years for the treatment of many health disorders. When it comes to skin health, particularly acne, grapeseed oil could be amazingly helpful.
- This oil is packed with vitamin E, linoleic acid and flavonoids, which help clear existing acne, and also prevents new breakouts.
- It also contains active ingredients known as oligomeric proanthocyanins, which contain antihistamine properties that reduce inflammation associated with acne.
- The linoleic acid content of this oil helps strengthen cell membranes, and improves overall skin health.
- The natural antioxidant properties of grapeseed oil help prevent clogging of pores which trigger acne breakouts.
- In addition, the vitamin E present in grapeseed oil also speeds up healing of skin tissues damaged due to acne breakouts, and also reduces scarring.
Using an ‘oil’ to reduce acne may seem ironic, but it has been found amazingly effective. Basically, oils work by reducing the production of the skin’s natural oil called ‘sebum,’ thereby reducing the risk of acne outbreaks.
Additional Skin Benefits
Apart from being the best natural remedy for acne, grapeseed oil could also have many other additional skin benefits.
- It locks in moisture, which makes it a good natural moisturizer for individuals with dry skin.
- Its natural composition makes it perfect for use for those having sensitive skin.
- It is rich in beta carotene, vitamin C, D and E, and many other fatty acids that are known to help improve skin health.
- It easily penetrates the skin thanks to its light consistency, and is relatively non-oily as well.
- Regular application helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles and other signs of aging. Infact, grapeseed oil is thought to help turn the clock by restoring the skin’s collagen levels
Simple Ways to Use Grapeseed Oil
Using grapeseed oil in your skincare routine is quite easy, since it is pretty versatile.
- Before you go to bed, apply a thin layer of grapeseed oil all over your face, and wash it off with a gentle face wash in the morning. This simple routine can restore the natural moisture of the skin, and give it a healthy glow.
- Dabbing some grapeseed oil directly onto your acne can also help ‘calm’ it down and reduce its redness.
- Applying grapeseed oil right after a bath, and then rinsing it off could also help create a protective layer on the skin, and could reduce the occurrence of new acne outbreaks.
- Adding a few drops of grapeseed oil to homemade soaps, conditioners and moisturizers could also be an effective way to incorporate this oil into your skincare regimen.
All in all, getting grapeseed oil could be one of the best favors you’re doing for your skin.