Unlocking the Secret Avocado Oil Uses You Probably Didn’t Know About
Don’t be surprised if you find avocado oil hitting the top list when it comes to superfoods- it is light in taste, has a rich flavor, is rich in vitamins and minerals, packed with the good fats and is one of the top healthiest oils to add to your diet!
But apart from its obvious applications, there are other secret avocado oil uses that’ll help you get more of its powerful benefits. Here’s to uncovering them for you! Read on…
- Avocado oil makes for an excellent substitute for butter when it comes to baking or even drizzling over your popcorn. It lends that perfect rich taste to foods while still keeping it healthy. You can also spread it over your morning toast!
- Swap your cooking oil with avocado oil for an extra heart-healthy boost! This oil is packed with monounsaturated fats, which makes it one of the best cardioprotective fats out there.
- Use it over your salad dressings- yes, olive oil is a great fat option, but avocado oil is no less. It makes for a nice variation to your salad taste, and has a lighter, buttery taste, which could be a nice healthy change for your taste buds.
- Skip the store-bought mayonnaise and substitute with an avocado oil mayonnaise instead! We’re loving this recipe from Nourished Kitchen!
- Make snacking time a healthy time! Create a simple herb-infused avocado oil mixture and have it ready to spread it over bread slices and create a healthy snack option!
- Grilling meats? Use avocado oil to add that moist, juicy texture to your proteins- just use it to marinade the meat for an hour or two along with your spice mix, and you’re all done!
- Grilling veggies? Drizzling avocado oil over it can help make it more tasty and add that depth of flavor too, without being ‘unhealthy.’
- A light drizzle of avocado oil over your soups and gravies can make all the difference- it can turn out to bring out all the natural flavors wonderfully and add that richness to your food without being unhealthy.
- When it comes to skincare, avocado oil could be an excellent natural sunscreen option. Applying it directly on the face can help reduce the effects of sun damage such as sun spots.
- Ran out of your makeup remover? Use avocado oil instead? It makes for a wonderful natural makeup remover and is the perfect solution to care for that extra delicate skin around your eyes.
- Believe it or not, one of the best kept avocado oil uses when it comes to hair care is as a leave-in conditioner. Avocado oil is actually really light, which is why, it won’t leave your hair feeling sticky and greasy, and at the same time, it’ll moisturize it too!
- Applying avocado oil on the scalp is an excellent way to deal with scalp infections and irritation, dryness and even dandruff naturally.
- You can also use avocado oil as a body lotion, or team it up with a couple of drops of your favorite essential oil for that extra luxurious feeling.
- Got a little baby? Avocado oil could be your to-go solution for that nasty nappy rash. The anti-inflammatory properties of the oil help reduce redness and swelling, and it heals up the area pretty quick too!
- Stuck with tooth problems? Avocado oil could be the answer to all of them? Packed with powerful antiseptic properties, this oil helps keep your mouth germ-free and lessens the risk of tooth decay and periodontal diseases. Just gargle with some avocado oil as you would with a mouthwash- that’s it!
- When mixed with soybean oil, avocado oil can be used as a natural remedy for arthritis too! It has powerful anti-inflammatory action which help reduce swelling and stiffness of the joints.